2009-08-04

How I discovered Personality Type Theory.

  • My brother and I did graphic design stuff since July 2006. And all the people who do the type of graphics we did sometimes talk on MSN.
  • In July 2007, there was this guy who added me on MSN from London. His name was Tom. First we just talked about graphics, but then we started talking more and more about our personal lives. We had the same thoughts, same worries, same everything. We even bought the same type of shoes at the same time!
  • We became emotionally attached to each other. We were the best of friends, literally we told each other everything. Then in late august he told me I was ISFP. I was like ???? He told me he took this test that told him he was ISFP, and i am one too. I read the profile, and yep I was too.
  • He told me about his mood swings and relationships problems, and I listened.
  • I loved him like a brother. He was my best friend in the whole world, it didn't matter at all how far we were. Unfortunately, I told someone that he was a little emotional at one time, and he went crazy and never wanted to have anything to do with me ever again. I was sad to say the least.
  • I then told my friends all about my discovery, and then I learned how to type people without really needing to give them the test.
  • I feel that my excursion into personality theory territory made me more apt to understand relationships and why people are interested in various things.For example, it is written that the INFP seeks people who can control their inner inertia and provoke them to action, and I have found this true with the INFP I have met in my travels.

No comments: